June 6, 2017

Un buque de guerra de EE.UU. ataca al Estado Islámico desde el Mediterráneo

Cazas embarcados F-35C Lightning II despegan del portaaviones Nimitz
La Marina estadounidense informa en un comunicado que el ataque fue llevado a cabo desde un portaaviones en la parte oriental del mar Mediterráneo. El grupo de ataque del portaaviones George H.W. Bush "reanudó misiones en apoyo a la Operación Inherent Resolve", anunció la Marina.
Analistas de EE.UU. sugieren que sus portaaviones pierden su razón de ser.    El grupo de ataque, que entró en el mar Mediterráneo el 5 de junio, está compuesto por el buque insignia USS George H.W. Bush, el portaaviones Air Wing 8, el destructor Squadron 22, los cruceros de misiles guiados Philippine Sea y Hue City, así como los destructores de misiles guiados Laboon y Truxtun.
La operación Inherent Resolve es la campaña liderada por EE.UU. contra el grupo terrorista en Irak y Siria.
"Estamos retomando una búsqueda implacable de los objetivos del Estado Islámico, al tiempo que reforzamos nuestro compromiso con los socios y aliados en el área de operaciones de la Sexta Flota de EE.UU.", dijo el comandante del grupo de ataque, el contraalmirante Kenneth Whitesell.

US warship strikes ISIS from eastern Mediterranean - Navy

The US Navy says it has conducted strikes against Islamic State targets from an aircraft carrier in the eastern Mediterranean Sea.
The George H.W. Bush Carrier Strike Group "resumed strike missions in support of Operation Inherent Resolve," the Navy said in a news release.
The carrier entered the Mediterranean on June 5 and had previously conducted Operation Inherent Resolve strikes from the eastern Mediterranean in early March, according to the Navy.
"We are resuming a relentless pursuit of ISIS targets, while reinforcing our commitment to partners and allies in the US 6th Fleet area of operations," said Rear Admiral Kenneth Whitesell, commander of Carrier Strike Group 2.
Operation Inherent Resolve is the US-led military operation against Islamic State (formerly known as ISIS or ISIL) in Iraq and Syria that began in August 2014. As of May 31, the operation had included nearly 29,000 strikes, more than 17,000 of which have been conducted by the US. The cost of the operation as of April 30 was $13.1 billion, according to the Pentagon.
The city of Raqqa was captured by Islamic State in 2014, and has since then served as its de facto capital in Syria.
Last week, the Pentagon announced that it started delivering weapons to the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), saying they were necessary to capture Raqqa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comente esta noticia aqui